Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Proverbs 25:8

If you cannot control your anger, you are as helpless as a city with no walls, open to attacks."



I am so glad that I was reminded of this verse yesterday morning. While I was commuting on a Jeep to work, I was surprised that the driver followed a different route from what I have expected. I usually allot 45 minutes to avoid getting late. It seemed to me that the driver was driving too slow and I was becoming quite impatient. My brows started to meet and my face was frowning already. I kept staring at the driver, trying to address yo him that I was in a hurry for work.



I thought he understood, yet he tested my patience and drove even slower, stopping by and by to get some passengers. I was really so upset. However, I said nothing. Besides, I didn’t have any right. He was the driver and was only doing his job to earn. I wasn’t in a taxi nor a private vehicle to complain.



Finally, I arrived to my workplace with only seven minutes left for me to go to the locker room and retouch. Thanks be to God, when I punched in the DTR, I still have half a minute. Thanks be to God, I was able to control my temper.

No comments: